Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Do you ever watch what you videotape?

To put it succinctly, almost no one as far as I know, ever watches the home video he has recorded. I don't, much as I think I want to. The reason is that it is just utterly boring. Perhaps home videos are meant for parents and grandparents to appreciate, or for you to look back many years from now on. It is hardly entertaining to watch.

Things have changed. With the introduction of tapeless videocam, it has become much easier to record and compile short clips that may be more tenable to watch. With that in mind, I got to work on short video clips to show that it is feasible to produce a "watchable" video show. Using the Proshow software, I made a slideshow using a combination of short clips and still pictures. As a result, I managed to produce a 15 min video slideshow that is almost as good to watch as a still-pictures only slideshow. Since I can't upload the entire show, I have uploaded sections of it to my Facebook site.

Show 1: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=myuploads#!/video/video.php?v=113554852002332

Show 2: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/video/video.php?v=113454362012381

No comments: