Friday, December 30, 2011

A new year's resolution; make a will!

As the year comes to a close, many people think about making new year resolutions. Perhaps, instead of thinking what we are going to do next with our lives, we should think about what we are going to do if our lives suddenly end.

I have been dragging my feet for a long time - a few years, in fact - about making a will for myself and my wife. We have advised people to do it and we have been advised by others to do it. Yet the very thought of reading through pages of a legal document is very off-putting for me. However, not so anymore; I have just read through a will kit that I purchased from the post office. It took me just a few minutes to read and understand the whole works. The will form is almost as easy to fill in as a withdrawal slip at the bank.

So there you go. This blog is to encourage all my friends to tarry no more. Have the will to make a will.  

Take a look at the will kit here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/27303918/Will%20Kit.pdf . (Download to read later. I will remove this link after a few days. You might want to purchase an original copy at the post office. Get the couple's kit. It has two sets of forms)

1 comment:

wei said...

i m halfway through mine too!
struggling with the terms as well.