Sunday, June 15, 2008

The computer belongs to the kitchen

After moving my second computer around various spots in the house, I believe the kitchen is one of the best places for it. My kitchen computer hums quietly in one corner of the room. It is fully and immediately accessible to everyone in the family. I use it to play the internet radio, when I need some background music to liven up my day. When I need to check out the news or my email, I just hop on and get off without wasting much time. When I need to look up a word in the dictionary, or get some directions from the map, I go to this computer. It is so convenient that I begin to see it as an appliance in the house. The kitchen is a great place for a computer because modern life revolves around the computer.... or shall we say, the internet?

No comments: