Saturday, January 2, 2010

How to contact your local MP

Every year I get a fridge magnet with the address and contact numbers for our local Member of Parliament. I have never given it much thought before, but now I can see how useful it can be. Distributed by the office of the local MP, there's also telephone numbers for various government agencies such as the fire department, ambulance, nearest hospital, etc.

My local MP's email address is maxine.morand@parliament.vic.gov.au . If you feel strongly about an issue, it should be interesting try to email her and see what kind of response you'll get. As for me, you may wonder why I put my opinions into a blog rather than write to the MP. I can only say that I am a writer and I have many opinions to express, but I am not a cause champion.

No comments: