Monday, March 29, 2010

My new Sony Bloggie PM5

Here is a sample video from my new videocam; go to Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/video/video.php?v=108824012475416&ref=nf

I am rather pleased with the video quality achievable with this videocam. Of course, it is possible to obtain a higher quality using DV tape-based videocams, but that's a different story altogether. What I have been after is a videocam that uses flash memory, is compact in size, produces a reasonably good video, very easy to operate and very easy to process the workflow (I will discuss that in my next blog).

Among the competitors for this form factor are: the Flip UltraHD, the Kodak Zi8, the Samsung HMX-U10, the JVC Picsio, and the Creative Vado HD. For various reasons, the Sony Bloggie is the one that best meets my needs. I am sure different people will have their own preferences to dictate their choice.

No comments: