Monday, May 23, 2011

VAPS Muster in Phillip Island

I spent the recent weekend in Phillip Island, attending the annual VAPS Muster; i.e. the Victorian Association of Photographic Societies. We had a wonderful time and the weather was very accomodating. I submitted one print and one EDPI; they didn't do too well. It was all in good fun, anyway.

What I get most out of trips like this is the feeling of being inspired, in addition to picking up some tips every now and then. The speakers were good, and so were the workshops. It was also good to look at the work from all the other clubs. This gives me an idea of where I stand and what I could do to improve for next year's competition. An important consideration is what the trend is and what the judges want to see, rather than what is technically sound.

The atmosphere was jovial, the food was good, and I got to see a lot of Phillip Island that I have never been to before. Trips like this really help me to learn a lot about other photographers too, such as their specialties, their equipment, and their shooting techniques.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like an old people outing !!!
Wei Sin